Summer 1998

jBASE, Citadel and CSC formalise deal down under

CSC Australia has agreed to resell the jBASE application development and database management system from Citadel Computer Systems, jBASE Software's Australian distributor, to its clients throughout Australasia. Using jBASE as their application development platform, CSC Australia will provide their industry leading Horizon software application to the Public Health market. It is estimated that CSC Australia owns 80% of this marketplace in Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia. This contract represents a potential of over 400 sites and 30,000 seats.

For Warren Dickins, Manager of health care products for CSC Healthcare, the key benefit of jBASE is that it "opens up" the Horizon patient management, billing and financial package.

"We wanted to open up the presentation and DBMS layers of our system and jBASE gave us the ability to do that better than anything else in this sector," Dickins stated. "At the back end, we were able to move the database from a MultiValued database to a normalized RDBMS system, like Sybase and Oracle, without having to dramatically rewrite our application. At the front end, jBASE also created seamless ties with the Microsoft world."

jBASE facilitates the migration of legacy MultiValue applications to Unix and Windows environments. "What we are providing with jBASE is a means for customers to keep their highly-functional applications, with the strengths of the Databasic language and MultiValue database, but also to gain Web-enabling links to desktop utilities and interoperability with all the main databases," Alasdair Munn, Citadel's national sales and marketing manager, said.

CSC plans to have installed as many as 3,000 jBASE seats by the end of 1998.

Computer Sciences Corporation had $6.3 billion in revenues for the 12 months ended December 26, 1997. Headquartered in El Segundo, California, the company has nearly 45,000 employees in more than 650 offices worldwide and provides clients with a wide range of professional services, including management consulting, information systems consulting and integration, and operations support. As a specialized unit of CSC in Australia, CSC Healthcare Systems was formed in 1996, and serves the Australian, New Zealand and Asian markets in public and private sector healthcare IT.

Citadel Computer Systems is an Australian and New Zealand based software company specializing in application software and the jBASE open systems database software. In addition, Citadel develops and distributes Distribution, Financials, Service Management, Logistics and Repair Center applications.

USA
Dave Bryant
Tel: +1-503-246-2317
e-mail: dbryant@jBASE.com
http://www.jBASE.com

UK
Clive Ketteridge
Tel: +44 1442 235 515
e-mail: CliveK@jBASE.co.uk

AUSTRALASIA
Evan Millar
Citadel Computer
Tel: +612 9955 2644
e-mail: sales@citadelcomputer.com.au

Last Updated: 31 October 1998

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |