Spring 1999

General Automation launches mv.DataWare

General Automation has announced the introduction of mv.DataWare, which will focus on software tools that allow customers to develop more effectively Internet, Java, Microsoft and Windows applications.

“This new program is one of our major initiatives for 1999,” said Jane M. Christie, president and chief executive officer.

“We want to make General Automation a major player in the rapidly expanding world of e-commerce on the Internet and we believe this mv.DataWare program can provide significant revenues for the company.”

The flagship products under the new mv.DataWare program include the Liberty Integration family of data access and Web development products, the decision support applications tools Cognos PowerPlay and Impromptu, and the data mining tool MITS from Management Information Tools, Inc.

Additionally, the mv.DataWare products include TransVerse object development software from Coyote, and leading integration technologies, including the Web application development tool RedBack, the Graphic User Interface 4GL, System Builder+ and the terminal emulator wIntegrate, from Ardent Software, Inc.

The new mv.DataWare team will report to William Rice, general manager of GA’s System Solutions Business Unit. “We are focusing on productivity tools across the entire MultiValue market,” Rice said. “By allowing the MultiValue resellers and end users to become Internet enabled, they can participate immediately in new technologies, including E-Commerce.”

General Automation resellers and customers can obtain more information on mv.DataWare tools, including pricing, availability, product features and technical specifications by contacting their GA reseller, GA sales representative or by visiting the GA Web site at http://www.genauto.com.

GA Mentor Limited
Waterside House, Woodley Headland
Peartree Bridge, Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
MK6 3BY
Tel: (01908) 690695
Fax: (01908) 240113
e-mail:dpeters@genauto.com
http://www.genauto.com
http://www.libertyodbc.com

Last Updated: 30 Jun 1999

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |