Summer 1999

Solutions providers choose GA for open systems

In a further demonstration of the growing demand for its Windows NT database environment, General Automation, Inc. has announced that five new application solutions providers have joined the company’s reseller channel.
The new Value-Added Resellers (VARs) chose mv.BASE, GA’s application development platform for Windows NT and Windows 98, because it delivers optimized performance and offers one of the easiest migration paths to open systems for users of legacy MultiValue systems. It also provides the processing power needed for integration with evolving enterprise applications such as Web development, e-business and data mining.
“Thanks to our growing and active reseller channel, mv.BASE sales have increased 35 percent each quarter this fiscal year,” said Judi Uttal, general manager of GA’s Open Software Business Unit. “New resellers continue to choose mv.BASE as the Windows database engine to support their applications, because it delivers the high performance and scalability required to provide connectivity across the enterprise.”
New GA resellers include Systematic Associates, Inc. in Marlboro, New Jersey; The Fawnridge Group in Boca Raton, Florida.; Total Computer Systems in Memphis; Verity Data Corporation in Prior Lake, Minnesota; and Lee Software in Maneto Place, North Carolina.
Systematic Associates has been developing MultiValue solutions for 15 years, specializing in manufacturing and distribution applications, and already has three mv.BASE installations since signing on as a GA reseller.
“We chose to build our applications on mv.BASE because it is a solid product from a solid company,” said Systematic Associates’ president, Jeffrey Green. “As a natural migration path from legacy systems to Windows NT, mv.BASE gives our applications a huge performance boost. One customer’s 40-hour batch process was reduced to under 15 minutes after the mv.BASE conversion.”
Jack Mitchell, president of Total Computer Services, Inc., said that he chose to sign up as a GA reseller because he found the mv.BASE support superior to competitive products.
“I was most impressed with GA’s professionalism and ability to take any technical issue, respond to it immediately, and help us get on our way,” Mitchell said. Total Solutions Group has two divisions focused on MultiValue application development. It supports 225 sites using its pet’s retail store point-of-sale application in addition to offering a full range of MultiValue contract programming, consulting services, hardware systems and software support.
The Fawnridge Group, which chose to migrate its COMPASS applications to mv.BASE, has been delivering applications to the consumer electronics retail industry and the wholesale distribution industry for 19 years. Its president, Richard Ginsburg, said that he is working hard to convert his 62 customer sites to open systems such as General Automation’s mv.BASE.
“I needed to find a good product that worked well with NT for my clients who choose to move to Windows NT,” Ginsburg said. “After reviewing the alternatives, I found mv.BASE was the most stable solution on a Windows platform. There were no bugs, no problems, and everything worked. I knew I could trust GA.”

GA Mentor Limited
Waterside House
Woodley Headland
Peartree Bridge
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
MK6 3BY
Tel: (01908) 690695
Fax: (01908) 240113
e-mail: dpeters@genauto.com
http://www.genauto.com
http://www.libertyodbc.com

Last Updated: 30 June 1999

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |