Autumn 1999

Y2K notice for Database E-mail

Users of Database E-Mail for Pick, UniVerse or Unidata distributed by WordMark, also known as Weaver E-Mail, are being advised that Version 5 and later is certified Year 2000 compliant. If you are using Version 4 or earlier, we highly recommend you upgrade to the current version as soon as possible to avoid costly delays caused by Year 2000. Database E-Mail was previously distributed as Weaver E-Mail.

“Many Weaver E-Mail customers received a much earlier version of the product that was included in the Repton Bundle,” said Jack Roth, Vice President of Sales for WordMark. He continues, “That version is not Y2K certified. We want to make sure these customers won’t have any Y2K issues and we’re urging them to call us as soon as possible to avoid delays as the millennium approaches.”

Y2K upgrade kit available

WordMark has a Y2K upgrade path for all previous versions of the product. Existing messages and history statistics are completely compatible with the most current version. The only change that will be necessary is that users will need to be re-established for their mail box delivery. Internet users are not affected as this feature was implemented in a Y2K certified version.

Mr. Roth continues: “This is a great opportunity for customers with older versions of this popular E-Mail product to evaluate the many improvements implemented in the latest releases. We want to provide the customer the opportunity to upgrade the older versions to take advantage of the newest technology. Additionally, older version will no longer be supported and later upgrades may be difficult. The overall cost to upgrade now will be significantly less than at the end of the year considering all the other upgrade factors.”

Version 6 Enhancements and Internet Connectivity

Database E-Mail Version 6 is fully robust and adds even more features and benefits to the poplular “Pick” style database environment. See how easy it is to connect to the Internet from within a MultiValue system. Even Pick “native” environments have access to the Internet using PTS, the serial Gateway to the superhighway. Version 6 features new items such as the Personal Address Book, many new Group options and integration to PC Exchange Servers.

WordMark can be reached at +408-975-1100 or by e-mail at info@multivalue.com.

WordMark International Corporation
101 Park Center Plaza, Suite 625
Bank of America Building
San Jose CA 95128
Tel: +408 975 1100
Fax: +408 975 1111
http://www.multivalue.com
e-mail: info@multivalue.com

Last Updated: 08 December 1999

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |