Autumn 1999

Tridex Ltd partners with WordMark to deliver an enterprise E-mail/Internet system in the UK

Coventry-based Tridex Ltd, the European distributor of Triad applications for the aftermarket auto parts distribution and retail industry, has partnered with WordMark International Corporation to deliver an enterprise E-Mail and Internet software system.

The WordMark E-Mail package is installed for over 50,000 users, mostly in the United States and including Fortune 2000 companies, colleges and universities, scientific laboratories, government agencies, businesses and professional practices. Tridex evaluated the WordMark E-Mail package in February and found it was just what they are looking for. Tridex has begun to install the package at customer sites.

Jeff Weidler, president of WordMark remarks: “We’ve been very successful with the Database E-Mail package to Triad customers here in the States and we’re really excited about working with Tridex in the UK. Tridex brings a wealth of experience to the market. We’re particularly impressed with their support services.”

Tridex licenses and directly supports the E-Mail package. Tridex also distributes the E-Mail companion product, Packet Transfer Software (PTS), which allows Triad users to send and receive messages from the Internet in their familiar database environment. The latest Version 3.0 of PTS handles attachments, even in character-based environments.

Weidler continues: “Triad users can send or receive email from the Internet while in their terminal based environment in the same transparent method as Internal email. The PTS product can be connected to the Internet via a Serial Gateway or directly through a TCP/IP connection from the host. PTS can also connect the MultiValue database system to PC Networks using Microsoft Exchange. It is the most integrated solution in the MultiValue market.”

The E-Mail system includes all the bells and whistles you would expect from a well engineered product. Folders, Personal Address Book, Multiple Groups and many more features are included. The E-Mail system is in its 6th major release and is Y2K compliant. Entry level price for the E-Mail system is only $995 US.

Founded in the USA in 1972, Tridex is an organisation that brings up-to-date technology in systems and information to distribution businesses. Tridex founders were the original developers of the disk drive and the first to bring the commercial application of microprocessor technology to business systems. They continue to offer their users the know-how needed to be more profitable and more productive than their competitors.

To their customers Tridex states: “To excel at our role, we have to be successful in helping you to be successful. We believe our customers account for the bulk of those sitting in the winner’s circle today and certainly those who plan on being the market leaders of tomorrow.”

Tridex Systems has been serving the automotive aftermarket of the UK and Ireland since 1982. Tridex provides turnkey hardware and software solutions, as well as full support and on-going research and development, to both the distribution and retail components of this marketplace.

For more information, contact Tridex Limited in the UK at (01203) 636000 or WordMark in the USA at 408-975-1100.

WordMark International Corporation
101 Park Center Plaza, Suite 625
B ank of America Building
San Jose
CA 95128
Tel: +408 975 1100
Fax: +408 975 1111
http://www.multivalue.com
e-mail: info@multivalue.com

Last Updated: 08 December 1999

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |