Autumn 1999

Canterbury Council invests in new Business Rates system from Sanderson

Canterbury City Council has invested in a new Business Rates system from international IT services group Sanderson. The system will greatly increase the efficiency in the collection and management of business rates.

Nigel Cunningham, local taxation manager at Canterbury explains: “The trigger for change was simple - our mainframe licence was expiring. It was a tender situation and we looked at several systems suppliers. We involved the people who would be operating the system and they preferred Sanderson. The stability of the supplier was also important to us.

“I believe the system will help us improve our service to customers and it will put some of the more complex procedures into an easier format. Customer service staff will have much greater access to information also.”

Sanderson PSS
Sanderson House
Poplar Way
Sheffield
S60 5TR
Tel: (01709) 786786
Fax: (01709) 786787
http://www.sanderson.com

Last Updated: 10 December 1999

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |