Autumn 1999

WordMark executes worldwide distribution agreement with Blacksmith Corporation

Blacksmith Corporation has announced the execution of a worldwide distribution agreement with WordMark International Corporation of San Jose, California.

WordMark, nestled in the heart of Silicon Valley, has established itself over thelast 20 years as a leader in the MultiValue community’s office automation market. The distribution agreement grants worldwide rights to WordMark to market, sell and train users on the well-established BLACKSMITH Visual Developer Windows/Internet 4GL suite.

“WordMark was instrumental in the marketing of GA’s Liberty offerings and has been selling and providing support for e-mail, word processing, database environments and other office automation tools with great success. And BLACKSMITH was a natural choice for us,” states Jack Roth, WordMark’s vice president of sales.

Since 1981, Blacksmith has focused much of its effort on the direct channel as the primary means to promote and support its offerings. “WordMark came to us expressing an interest in representing our software. Knowing a little bit about them, I jumped at the chance to see if they had what we were looking for,” cites Brett Stauffer, Blacksmith’s vice presidentof sales. “We found out that WordMark would be a great partner - their support is excellent and they have developed ideal business relationships. Blacksmith was looking for a well-known organisation who could independently carry on a sales/support role for Visual Developer. We are delighted and looking forward to what WordMark has to offer our clients.”

Roth adds: “We’re pleased with the large customer base using BLACKSMITH. The technology has been tried and proven over the years. In its 14th major release, it offers more than any product of its type that we’ve evaluated.”

Blacksmith Corporation
121 N. Fir Street
Suite F Ventura
CA 93001
USA
Tel: +(805) 641-1400
Fax: +(805) 641-0813
http://www.blksmth.com

Last Updated: 10 December 1999

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |