Spring 2000

Columbia Ultimate comes to the UK

Columbia Ultimate Business Systems, Inc. has formed a new subsidiary company, Columbia Ultimate Ltd, based in the UK. The new company will be responsible for servicing existing customers in the UK and will play a major role in expanding the company’s products and services throughout Europe.

“This is the right time and the right place for an aggressive launch of our products and services into Europe,” said John Moscicki, the new President and COO of Columbia Ultimate. “We previously had a distribution arrangement with another company which has come to an end, so our UK office will start out with the customers from that enterprise. We will also transfer responsibility for three additional UK customers from one of our United States divisions to the new UK office.”

“Our cornerstone product, The Collector System™, is the leading revenue recovery system in the United States,” continued Moscicki. “There is a growing demand for collection system technology all across Europe, and we are eager to make our cutting-edge technologies widely available there. We expect our UK operation to be profitable by the end of the second year.”

“Because of the difference in time zones, it has been difficult to give our UK customers access to the same level of technical support enjoyed by our customers in the United States,” said Mike Hatch, International and Financial Services Division Manager for Columbia Ultimate. “In addition to providing better support to our existing UK customers, Columbia Ultimate Ltd will become the support hub for all of Europe as we begin to actively market our products and services there.”

An office for the new company has been established in Warrington, which is located in the heart of Northwest England. This area has become the recognized hub of the rapidly emerging UK telecommunications and technology industries. “We looked at other locations in Europe, but settled on the UK - and Warrington in particular - because of the favorable business climate and access to high tech workers and equipment,” according to Jim Kinkade, CFO of Columbia Ultimate. “We also liked its proximity to the expanding Manchester Airport, which will give our people easy access to the rest of Europe.”

Spencer Taylor, who has many years of experience in the collections industry in the UK, will manage Columbia Ultimate Ltd from the Warrington office. Mr. Taylor has extensive hands-on experience with The Collector System™ from managing product installations with the former UK distributor, FCA International Systems, and from his experience as the Operations & IT Director of Debt Managers Ltd.

Columbia Ultimate Business Systems (CUBS) Inc
14300 SE First Street
Vancouver
WA 98684
Tel: +(888) 282 8400
Fax: +(360) 256 2613
http://www.colubs.com

Last Updated: 01 May 2000

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |