Summer 2000

...and over here, aquires EdgTech Systems

General Automation (GA) has announced that it has acquired UK-based EdgTech Systems Limited, the largest distributor and service provider for GA products and services to the UK. The purchase, effective on May 15 2000, is a strategic step by GA to expand its capabilities as a supplier, provider and integrator of solutions enabling MultiValue customers to leverage the Internet for eBusiness. EdgTech Systems’ significatnt technical expertise in MultiValue databases and migration tools will increase and enhance GA’s eBusiness value-added service offering across Europe, Middle East and Africa.

“The Internet has fundamentally and permanently changed the dynamics of the world economy, significantly increasing international business opportunities and making it more critical than ever to focus on expanding overseas operations,” said Jane M Christie, president and CEO, GA. “The acquisition of EdgTech Systems doubles the size of our current operations in Europe, allowing us to further reach to our international customers requiring our ePath, eBusiness solutions and professional services.”

According to Richard Nance, chief financial officer, GA: “The acquisition of EdgTech Systems increases our range of prospects, provides for our continued growth internationally, and will potentially enhance our revenue base.”

David Peters, general manager for GA’s operations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, added: “Our goal for the acquisition of EdgTech is to better serve our customers with a tighter, more integrated approach to our professional services and support. By bringing EdgTech’s experienced technical staff in-house, we are now better equipped to understand customers’ business goals and how best to provide them with a migration path and secure foundation for building and deploying Web-based, eBusiness applications.”

Gunter Creasey, managing director of EdgTech Systems said: “As the largest distributor of GA products in the UK, we’re excited about becoming part of the company’s operations in order to take our services and support offering to the next level. Now, our customers can look forward to working even closer with GA to receive the most in-depth insight and technical knowledge into the MultiValue platform possible in addition to cutting-edge solutions for making their computer systems eBusiness ready.”

This acquisition will enable GA’s operations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to develop its professional services offerings with such critical services as installation and set-up, network infrastructure and application development, configuration and deployment, Internet and Web suppport, analysis and documentation. The consultants are thoroughly trained in the industry’s most advanced standards-based technologies that support eCommerce, such as XML, OLE DB, Java and ODBC, and have the appropriate industry certifications.

EdgTech Systems Limited
37 North Bar Street
Banbury
Oxfordshire
OX16 0TH
Tel: (01295) 279279
Fax: (01295) 279179
e-mail: sales@edgtech.co.uk
http://www.edgtech.co.uk

Last Updated: 27 Sep 2000

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |