Summer 2000

jBASE announces Windows 2000 certification

The latest release of jBASE, Release 3.3.8, has been certified to run on both Windows 2000 Professional and the Windows 2000 Server Family (which includes Server, Advanced Server and, in the future, the DataCenter Server).

“Overall, I’m impressed with the stability of Windows 2000,” stated Alan Murphy, a Principle Systems Designer at jBASE Software, Ltd. “Our tests also show a marked improvement in performance in the larger multi-user sites over its Windows NT predecessor.”

jBASE 3.3.8, which is available immediately, passed the rigorous internal testing systems of jBASE Software with flying colors. The improved stability should put to rest the complaints that Windows NT had to be rebooted regularly to maintain a clean server environment.

“Our relationship with Microsoft allows us to participate in pre-release initiatives such as this,” explained Dave Bryant, President of jBASE Software, Inc.

“The importance and the timeliness of this release to our partners emphasizes our commitment to the MultiValued marketplace and is another demonstration of our stated goal to provide a technological leadership position both in our market and in the mainstream database market.”

jBASE Software Ltd
599 Maxted Road
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
HP2 7DX
Tel: (01442) 235515
Fax: (01442) 211134
e-mail: info@jbase.co.uk
http://www.jbase.co.uk

Last Updated: 28 Sep 2000

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |