Summer 2000

Time clock company clinches deal with Warwick dustcart firm

Warwick-based dustcart manufacturer Dennis Eagle has signed a £10,000 deal with a Coventry firm to update its clocking in system.

Queens Road-based Clear Systems has supplied the company with a new TIME+ time and attendance system which does away with old style clockcards and will help cut down on paperwork in the payroll department.

The computerised system will also enable the firm to record the fact that it is complying with the new EC Working Time Directive.

Clear Systems director Nick Rogers explained: “Our TIME+ system is a unique way of enabling companies to ensure they are paying their staff correctly - when they are doing overtime, for example - without the need to collect time cards and work out timings manually.

“We were able to install the system in time for the start of the new millennium and clockings are now being gathered accurately for all 175 employees as they swipe their badges through the electronic time clocks on the factory floor. “The swipe card system is easy to install and use and is being taken up by more and more organisations throughout the country.”

Clear Systems, which has just celebrated its 15th aniversayr, numbers firms such as Youngs Brewery, Druckers Vienna Patisserie, Hypnos Beds, GPT Payphones and Brush Traction, which built the Channel Tunnel locomotives, among its clients.

“Although the initial reason we wanted to move to this new system was to enable us to be Year 2000 compliant, we are already reaping enormous additional benefits,” explained Dennis Eagle’s senior HR adviser Kerstie Taylor. “The system enables us to collect data such as overtime bookings automatically and it enables us to keep records showing we are complying with the new Working Time Directive.”

For more information on TIME+ contact Nick Rogers at Clear Systems on (024) 7623 1440.

Clear Systems Limited
48 Queens Road
Coventry
CV1 3EH
Tel: (024) 7623 1440
Fax: (024) 7623 1451
http://www.ClearSystems.co.uk

Last Updated: 28 Sep 2000

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |