Summer 2000

Leading pool supplies distributor goes live on MITS Business Intelligence System

Management Information Tools, Inc has announced that South Central Pool Corporation (SCP), the USA’s leading distributor of swimming pool supplies and related products, based in Covington Louisiana, has fully implemented the MITS Interactive Reporting System with OLAP business intelligence technology.

The installation of MITS for access by corporate and potentially 105 SCP branch locations has empowered the company’s workforce with improved access to critical customer and product information that affects sales and bottom-line profitability.

“We use MITS to improve corporate decision making in every department, including sales, marketing, financial and operations,” said Dale Delatte, SCP MIS manager.

“With MITS, our staff has instant access to information at their fingertips from all locations, all customers and all product lines. And because it’s incredibly flexible and easy to use, MITS has been widely accepted at all levels of the company, making an immediate impact on business efficiencies.”

MITS, the acronym for Management Information Tool Software, is an on-line analytical (OLAP) suite of products for MultiValue environments designed to gather, manage, distribute and analyse data fro improved strategic and tactical decision making. MITS is the only OLAP tool with true drill-down capabilities that is native to the MultiValue environment, so it can be used without the need for additional hardware. It can also be easily integrated with a company’s database from MITS’ offices in Washington, eliminating the need for costly professional services and IT resources that are normally associated with other business intelligence, data mining or OLAP tools.

“The installation process was very simple and straightforward and the training was minimal,” Delatte commented. “The team at MITI has gone above and beyond the call of duty to make this product work at a company our size, and they’ve done it a fraction of the cost I would have had to pay for other OLAP business intelligence tools available.”

SCP has 105 service centres in 34 states and distributes more than 52,000 national brand and private label products to approximately 26,000 customers. The company runs the Advanced Distribution System from Dallas-based Prelude Systems Inc, on a Pick D3 system that supports 1,100 users nationwide. During its peak season, SCP has processed over 260,000 sales orders per month, and plans to run up to 20,000 transactions daily through the MITS systems.

“The successful implementation of MITS at SCP is strategic because it proves that MITS is powerful enough to meet the needs of even the largest MultiValue sites supporting huge volumes of business transactions,” said Fred Owen, MITS General Manager. “MITS truly fills a unique need in our industry because it’s not only affordable and scalable, but provides a robust OLAP solutions for any size business.”

According to Delatte, MITS has not only helped SCP sales managers to improve profit margins, but has also reduced the load on his IT staff by eliminating continuous requests for reports and sales analysis.

“My support staff used to be hit daily with requests for new and custom reports from branch managers in 105 locations,” Delatte explained. “Now, at the click of a button, our managers and sales force can look at their own information by product, by product line, or by customer. Best of all, they have the information at their fingertips without any involvement from the IT department.”

MITS maintains a unique multidimensional database derived from a company’s past and ongoing operational information. With this database, MITS allows users to easily and instantaneously view summaries of activity using the Windows-based MitsView or on a regular system terminal. Furthermore, MITS allows drilling-down to explore these summaries and discover underlying conditions and trends important to a company’s bottom line.

Management Information Tools, Inc
2400 NW 80th Street
Suite 140
Seattle
WA 98117
USA
Tel: +(206) 789 8313
Fax: +(206) 782 8045
http://www.mgmt-info-tools.com

Last Updated: 28 Sep 2000

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |