Summer 2000

JES acquired by revitalised Pick Systems

Pick Systems has announced that it has acquired Just Education Services (JES), a software training company which provides a diverse array of training options for the Pick community and beyond. The agreement, which transferred ownership as of 1 July 2000, reiterates the commitment of Pick Systems’ new management team to provide its customers with a more complete, comprehensive and cost-effective solution for today’s economy.

“We are very excited about offering our customers a premier training initiative that follows Pick’s dedication to offer its clients the best resources available,” said Gil Figueroa, president and CEO of Pick Systems. “JES has a proven methodology and an impressive product line which provides complete training for Pick’s D3 software as well as courses for a multitude of other systems. We are able to offer these educational products immediately for on-site and regional delivery throughout the United States, and soon throughout Europe, Asia and South Africa.”

Pick has assumed responsibility for the management of JES as well as its entire current line of courses. JES established itself in the 1980s as a pioneer in Pick education, offering the first recognised international training organisation dedicated exclusively to the Pick market. Following the needs of the industry, JES soon added curriculum for alternative systems, including Universe and Unidata for Unix, Windows NT and Visual Basic, wIntegrate and SB+, and its newest courses in jBASE and mvBASE. Most notably, the company spun off a subsidiary company, LinuxLearning.com, where they succeeded in becoming a certified Linuxcare University training centre.

Along with the acquisition, Pick retained JES founder and CEO, Jonathan Sisk, as the company’s new vice president of education and training who brings the knowledge and ability to continue his vision to bring unsurpassed educational resources to companies worldwide. “In the years of JES’ existence, we have remained an independent, unbiased, consistent source of knowledge. We are pleased that this merger will help us maintain that same level of service and commitment to both JES clients as well as Pick’s,” said Sisk. “We look forward to expanding this new education arena at Pick by aggressively looking at opportunities to bring Pick training into universities across the United States which will create a new generation of talent, ready for the Pick job market.”

JES
PO Box 19274
Irvine, California
CA 92623
USA
Tel: +(714) 553 8200
Fax: +(714) 553 9779
e-mail: jesinfo@jes.com
http://www.jes.com

Last Updated: 28 Sep 2000

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |