Summer 2001

Raining Data announces mvDesigner beta release

Raining Data Corporation has announced the release of the beta version of its newest product, mvDesigner.

Created specifically for renewal of existing multidimensional database applications, mvDesigner is a full-featured graphical environment that allows developers to quickly and easily create rich GUI interfaces for client/server and Web-based deployment, thereby increasing ease of use and marketability of their solutions. This is done by utilizing business rules inherent in the existing application, and without the need for extensive rewriting of existing code or prohibitive learning curves often associated with the adoption of new tools.

“mvDesigner will dramatically enhance and revitalize our partners’ commercial applications, opening doors to new markets and opportunities for them,” said Rich Lauer, President of Raining Data. “This technology demonstrates our continuing commitment to developers in the MultiValue database market, and our ability to provide a leading edge environment to leverage their proven intellectual capital in the most cost-effective and productive manner possible.” Release of the product coincided with Raining Data’s Worldwide User Conference at the end of May.

Based on a combination of two Raining Data technologies, the Omnis Studio Rapid Application Development suite and the FlashCONNECT API, mvDesigner is the first tool set to allow an object-oriented front-end application to natively execute server-based business rules (BASIC subroutines) in an existing multidimensional database application. Developers can build client/server and Web-based interfaces, as well as edit, create and link business rules to objects in the user interface, using the wizards, objects and other drag-and-drop functionality in mvDesigner.

Lauer went on to say, “There has never been a better solution for MultiValue database application developers to extend the reach of their existing solutions to the Web while preserving their current investment in the underlying database technology, skill sets and infrastructure. While mvDesigner is an ideal environment for renewing existing applications, it is equally well suited to the creation of new solutions. By providing our partners with a comfortable starting point in this new environment, we are opening the door to unlimited future possibilities.”

Raining Data UK Ltd
Cowdray House, 2-4 High Street,
Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire
SL9 9QA
Tel: (01753) 891800
Fax: (01753) 891801
http://www.rainingdata.com

Last Updated: 19 Jul 2001

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |