Summer 2001

Sunergos Software announces the release of HyperEDIT 7

Less than nine months after the release of HyperEDIT 6, Sunergos Software has officially released HyperEDIT 7. HyperEDIT is an integrated development environment (IDE) for the UniVerse and UniData databases and takes advantage of the UniObjects API now common to both environments.

When asked about the quick turnaround on versions, Sunergos CIO Bryan Thorell commented: “It all seemed to start when we added record locking to HyperEDIT 6. The response was phenomenal. So we decided to refocus and narrow our efforts and create the best programming environment for U2, and I think we’ve accomplished that.”

New features in the development tool include a Multiple Document Interface with support for simultaneous connections to different hosts and accounts, as well as an intriguing feature that lets events such as OnOpen and OnSave interact dynamically with host-based subroutines. “We added the dynamic events primarily to enable simple integration with all of the version control applications out there.” says Thorell.

With the creation of a subroutine, developers can receive messages and prompts from their version control software without leaving the HyperEDIT environment. “We’re already working on bundling routines for several packages including SCCS and Susan Joslyn’s PRC,” adds Thorell.

Thorell attributes most of the improvements in HyperEDIT to user requests. “I don’t think you have to be psychic to be successful in this business, just responsive,” says Thorell. “We encourage developers to download our products and tell us how we can improve them. Some of the requests we have received are brilliant ideas.”

HyperEDIT is for Universe and Unidata developers who are dissatisfied with programming with line and text based editors. Sunergos has posted evaluation versions of HyperEDIT on its website at http://www.sunergossoftware.com.

Sunergos Software LLC
1616 West 8510 South
West Jordan, UT 84088
USA
Tel: +(801) 572 0391
Fax: +(801) 523 8704
e-mail: info@sunergossoftware.com
http://sunergossoftware.com

Last Updated: 19 Jul 2001

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |