Summer 2001

TEMENOS installs first GLOBUS sites utilising jBASE database technology

TEMENOS, the leading global vendor of integrated banking software that supports international banking, announced today it is installing TEMENOS GLOBUS based on the jBASE data management system at three sites in Europe. This follows a six month period of intensive training and education for the entire worldwide TEMENOS organisation, resulting in a smooth and timely implementation.

“We are very pleased with these initial installations,” said George Koukis, Chairman of TEMENOS. “We need to maintain the high level of support and service that the leading financial institutions in the world expect from TEMENOS. The professionalism and determination of both jBASE and GLOBUS personnel at TEMENOS has resulted in a first class product offering.

“We will continue to support existing sites that are running Universe, but all new installations will be based on the jBASE RDBMS product. Internally, our development, training, support and QA departments are now using jBASE to support their operations,” continued Koukis. “In addition, and perhaps more importantly, jBASE has allowed us to expand our technological view significantly. For example, we are now able to take advantage of Java technologies to provide interoperability and scalability options. Further, we can now provide GLOBUS on Oracle and DB2 databases and on the full range of IBM e-servers. None of this would have been possible without jBASE.”

jBASE Software Ltd
Kodak House, Station Road,
Hemel Hempstead,
Hertfordshire
HP1 1JY
Tel: (01442) 411800
Fax: (01442) 411900
e-mail: sales@jbase.co.uk
http://www.jbase.co.uk

Last Updated: 20 Jul 2001

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |