Autumn 2001

An open letter to MV users from George Koukis, Chairman of TEMENOS group

At TEMENOS we are dedicated to serving the needs of our clients. Our focused approach to all dealings we have with our clients has enabled us to establish a market leading position.

TEMENOS acquired jBASE in December 1999 in order to strengthen the technical position of our existing and future product offerings and at the same time strengthen the jBASE organisation. As a company we have been delivering solutions to our clients and generating revenues from the MultiValue architecture for many years. Our detailed knowledge of this marketplace covers both the requirements of a VAR as well as that of an end user. It is our belief that the MultiValue database channel is an important component in today’s technology offering. We would welcome your partnership in this area. A number of MultiValue vendors appear to be limiting their investment in this area, TEMENOS and jBASE have expanded our investment. Other mainstream databases are still promising to offer similar benefits that our clients have enjoyed for many years.

When we started TEMENOS we had a 20 year business plan and to date we have exceeded our targets on all levels. The evolution of TEMENOS is a journey not a destination and whilst challenging it is also very rewarding. We believe that it is important for any business to look after its client base, to add value to the clients business and to protect the investment that the client has made in your products. TEMENOS selected jBASE as a key component in our bid to deliver application software that could give our clients this level of investment protection whilst at the same time keeping pace with, and in a number of areas exceeding, the technology developments that are continually taking place. jBASE has enabled us to enter markets that were previously unachievable and thanks to jBASE technology our TEMENOS GLOBUS product is now available on DB2 and ORACLE databases and in addition we have been able to deliver our systems on IBM complete range of servers including the z series (S390) and the i series (AS400) machines. This is a major step forward for TEMENOS but is further evidence of our investment protection guarantee to our clients.

jBASE strives to share is world-leading technology with other VARs and end users alike by not only delivering the different database and operating platforms but by extending the life span of systems that were written using the first generation MultiValue products. jBASE have spent a considerable amount of time and money ensuring the compatibility of systems migrated to the new generation jBASE platforms. Our move to jBASE has been a resounding success, not only for TEMENOS but also for our client base. The team at jBASE has made the migration process as painless as possible by taking care of the technical aspects so that we can focus on adding functionality to our systems that address the changing business demand of our clients. I hope that you find the jBASE experience as beneficial as we have.

George Kouki

TEMENOS
18 Place des Philosophes
CH - 1205 Geneva
Switzerland
Tel: +(41) 22 708 1150
Fax: +(41) 22 708 1160/1165
http://www.temenos.com

Last Updated: 29 Nov 2001

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |