Autumn 2001

jBASE announces the creation of jTeAM

jBASE Software have announced a new initiative that provides a revolutionary approach to customer service and support: jTeAM.

jTeAM stands for jBASE Technical Account Management and is the brainchild of three people: Yves Le Gouguec, European VP of Sales; Alain Vincent, Technical Account Director; and Clive Ketteridge, Managing Director and one of the founders of the jBASE phenomenon.

jTeAM brings together all the traditional elements of pre- and post-sales support to create a multi-skilled team that bridges the gap between the engineering department, which knows the tools, and the front-line programmer who has been tasked with delivering a working application.

“We want to make sure that we have the right capabilities to match up with our customers’ needs, “ says Alain Vincent. “We needed to move beyond the outdated pre-sales concept to a level of activity and customer follow-up which gives our customers real confidence. We wanted to extend the team to cover professional services, and we have really focused on migration services. We now have a suite of tools which make migration to jBASE really easy.”

The jTeAM thinks and works in terms of projects, so both they and the customer can clearly see their goals and measure their progress effectively. It is a customer-centric approach that jBASE thinks will win them many new friends in an uncertain marketplace.

“It’s quite straightforward,” says Yves Le Gouguec. “All of us know what the situation is today. We have many good MV applications doing a magnificent job. The programmers know their applications inside out, they represent years of investment, refined over time until they are doing exactly what is required, but now there is a need to add more features related to recent technologies. jBASE has the experience and the tools to do this; with the jTeAM we just save, restore, test and go.”

The third member of the trinity that makes jTeAM so effective on a day to day basis is Pat Pogson, jBASE’s support team manager. A dedicated support professional, Pat has been part of jBASE now for over ten years and is a firm believer that outstanding support is vital to the company’s future.

“We are committed to working in partnership with our customers to make sure that their experience with jBASE software is both productive and profitable. At the end of the day, we want our customers to do what they are good at, i.e. running their applications and growing their business.”

jBASE Software Ltd
Kodak House, Station Road,
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
HP1 1JY
Tel: (01442) 411800
Fax: (01442) 411900
e-mail:sales@jbase.co.uk
http://www.jbase.co.uk

Last Updated: 29 Nov 2001

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |