Autumn 2001

...and some in, and some sideways

Raining Data has also made a number of other new appointments within its management structure, announced in a series of press releases over the last few weeks.

In early September, Mark H Allen was appointed as Vice President of Worldwide Customer Service and Training.

Allen’s most recent position was Vice President of Services & Support at Bay Logics, Inc where he was responsible for the restructuring of the Technical Support organisation. This resulted in improving first contact response for problem resolution to over 90%. Prior to joining Bay Logics, Allen held senior management positions in customer service, professional service and engineering with companies that included AT&T and Silicon Graphics.

Overall he has thirty years’ experience in 7 x 24 customer service which it is hoped he will use to improve Raining Data’s customer service and training offerings.

The company also announced that Rick Davies will assume the role of Vice President, Customer Service - Major Accounts. In his new capacity, Davies will be working directly with Allen to coordinate technical and customer satisfaction issues with Raining Data’s largest customers.

In a further appointment in September, the company has appointed Soheil Raissi as Vice President of Product Development and Professional Services.

Raissi has over 20 years of experience in IT, including management of software product development organisations as well as building professional services and consulting practices. Most recently, he served as Vice President of Product Development at Equative, a software company providing Web-based project management products.

“We are very pleased to announce that Soheil has joined the Raining Data management team,” said Calrton H Baab, President and CEO of Raining Data.

“Soheil’s broad experience makes him uniquely suited for this important role. His experience in rapid product development and cuystems consulting will be a valuable asset in streamlining our software development processes, enhancing Raining Data’s ability to deliver products that meet the growing business needs of our customers. This action reflects our ongoing commitment to our current database and tools product offerings.”

The company has also announced that John Bramley would assume the new role of Vice President, New Applications. In this new role, Bramley will be focused on Raining Data’s strategy to leverage their existing technologies to create high growth business opportunities for the company.

In addition, Bramley will continue to work closely with the sales, marketing, customer service and software development organisations in a capacity which exploits his extensive knowledge of the current database and tools offerings to define their future development paths.

“In his new role John will be working with technology partners in an effort to expand our product offerings,” said Baab. “John’s experience with Raining Data technologies and their uses makes him the ideal candidate to manage our endeavour to find new market opportunities for our technology.”

Raining Data (UK) Limited
Cowdray House, 2-4 High Street, Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire SL9 9QA
Tel: (01753) 891800
Fax: (01753) 891801
http://www.rainingdata.com
e-mail: info@rainingdata.com

Last Updated: 29 Nov 2001

Home | | What's New | | News | | Articles | | Workspace | | Pick of the Web | | InfoCentre | | Parting Shots | | About Us | | Subscribe |